Re: BUG #14258: Documentation pl/pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #14258: Documentation pl/pgsql
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> I'm hoping there is some kind of warning output during the PDF build
> process that can help locate these kinds of problems.

Yeah, look for "Overfull \hbox" in the TeX log.  Unfortunately, the
warnings reference line numbers in TeX's input (the tex-pdf file,
which isn't even saved after the make is done :-().  So it's a pain
to work backwards to where the problem is in the SGML docs.  But you
can if you're determined.

By my count, there are 3021 such warnings generated in current HEAD docs.
A lot of them are small enough to be negligible, but a lot are not.
There's about 450 that are for more than 72 points (an inch) of overflow.

I do not see a lot of value in attacking such problems one instance at a
time.

            regards, tom lane