New Trademark Policy and Recognised User Group Guidelines - Mailing list pgsql-announce

From PostgreSQL Core Team via PostgreSQL Announce
Subject New Trademark Policy and Recognised User Group Guidelines
Date
List pgsql-announce

PostgreSQL logo PostgreSQL logo

New Trademark Policy and Recognised User Group Guidelines

On the advice of the PostgreSQL Project’s legal counsel, the PostgreSQL Project has updated the PostgreSQL Trademark Policy covering the “Postgres” and “PostgreSQL” word marks and the “Slonik” elephant graphical trademark. You can view the updates here:

In order to support this change and to provide as much flexibility in the use of the marks to the community as possible, we have also introduced a new set of guidelines for Recognised User Groups, similar to those already in place for Non Profit organisations and Conferences:

As is the case with many Open Source projects, it is important that the PostgreSQL Project’s brand is used in alignment with the goals and best interests of the community. The PostgreSQL Core Team and the PostgreSQL Community Association of Canada, who administer the marks, have worked closely with our legal counsel to ensure that the policy is both open and fair when using the PostgreSQL brand.

If you have any questions about these changes, please feel free to reach out to the PostgreSQL Community Association of Canada (board@lists.postgres.ca).

Attachment