Re: Release note trimming: another modest proposal - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Release note trimming: another modest proposal
Date
List pgsql-docs
> I assume this means we would only keep the current release notes in the
> git tree too, e.g. 11.0, 11.1, 11.2, etc.

Yeah, I'd imagine that each branch would have just its own release notes.

I'm not sure whether to apply this policy retroactively to the supported
back branches or just establish it going forward.  Maintaining the notes
could be pretty confusing for the next few years if we do the latter,
though.

            regards, tom lane