Re: plperl: update ppport.h and fix configure version check - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: plperl: update ppport.h and fix configure version check
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> * adjust configure and docs to set 5.8.3 as the minimum perl version

When I went to update the docs, I found they already said 5.8.3
is the minimum.  Excavating in the git log led me to this old
discussion:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/16894.1501392088%40sss.pgh.pa.us#2c7641fa2459e84049301f185d74d429

So it was intentional at the time to leave configure's check
as 5.8.0.  However, given that the functionality available is
less than you'd expect, and that we've not tested any such
configuration in several years, I still concur with adjusting
configure to require 5.8.3.  Pushed it that way just now.