Re: pg_restore -t table concerns - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_restore -t table concerns
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Mike Toews <mwtoews@sfu.ca> writes:
> I have a few concerns with the usability and documentation for
> pg_restore (note: I'm on 8.3, but I've checked the documentation for 8.4).

There's a TODO item about that already...

* Add support for multiple pg_restore -t options, like pg_dump
pg_restore's -t switch is less useful than pg_dump's in quite afew ways: no multiple switches, no pattern matching, no
abilitytopick up indexes and other dependent items for a selectedtable. It should be made to handle this switch just
likepg_dumpdoes.