Re: reducing the overhead of frequent table locks - now, with WIP patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: reducing the overhead of frequent table locks - now, with WIP patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Please consider this as a serious proposal for tuning in 9.1.

Look: it is at least four months too late for anything of the sort in 9.1.
We should be fixing bugs, and nothing else, if we ever want to get 9.1
out the door.  Performance improvements don't qualify, especially not
ones that tinker with fundamental parts of the system and seem highly
likely to introduce new bugs.