Re: VACUUM and transactions in different databases - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: VACUUM and transactions in different databases
Date
Re: VACUUM and transactions in different databases  (Bill Moran <wmoran@collaborativefusion.com>)
List pgsql-general
Bill Moran <wmoran@collaborativefusion.com> writes:
>> Of course they are able to complete, but the point is that they would
>> not remove the tuples that would be visible to that idle open
>> transaction.

> I would expect that, but the OP claimed that vacuum full waited until
> the other transaction was finished.

No, she didn't claim that.  As far as I see she was just complaining
about the failure to remove dead tuples:

            regards, tom lane