Re: [PG_UPGRADE] 9.6 to 10.5 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Martin Marques
Subject Re: [PG_UPGRADE] 9.6 to 10.5
Date
List pgsql-bugs
El 10/08/18 a las 13:12, Bruce Momjian escribió:
> On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 12:51:29PM +0000, DEGLAVE Remi wrote:
>> The source cluster was not shut down cleanly.
>>
>> Failure, exiting
>>
>> I tried to restart and shutdown clusters with another methods (-m options of
>> pg_ctl, killing processes, …) still have the same issue.
>
> There is new code in PG 10.5 thta detects that the server is cleanly
> shut down.  You can no longer use '-m immediate' to shut down either
> server, but 'smart' and 'fast' should be fine.  Can you run
> pg_controldata on each cluster before you run pg_upgrade to verify that
> they say "Shutdown":

He did mention trying to shutdown with different modes, and ended with
the same result after pg_upgrade.

I would recommend running pg_upgrade in verbose mode (add the -v option
to the cmd), capture the output and open a thread in pgsql-general list
(or send it back here for further review).

--
Martín Marqués                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/