Re: Supporting tls-server-end-point as SCRAM channel binding forOpenSSL 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Supporting tls-server-end-point as SCRAM channel binding forOpenSSL 1.0.0 and 1.0.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 6/23/18 17:09, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Wed, Jun  6, 2018 at 01:16:11PM -0700, Steven Fackler wrote:
>> TLS 1.3, (which is currently in a draft state, but is theoretically being
>> finalized soon) does not support the TLS channel binding algorithms [1]. From
>
> Uh, according to this article, TLS 1.3 was finalized in March:
>
>   https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/03/27/with_tls_13_signed_off_its_implementation_time/

More generally, is our TLS 1.3 support sound?  For instance, I've read
about new cipher suites, so one question is, do the existing
configuration settings that control such things even still work?