Re: ECPG installcheck tests fail if PGDATABASE is set - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ECPG installcheck tests fail if PGDATABASE is set
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On March 18, 2018 4:06:18 PM PDT, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Hm ... pg_regress unsets PGDATABASE, along with the other related
>> environment variables, when it has a temp installation but not
>> when it doesn't.  So what I don't understand is why your environment
>> doesn't also break every other regression test besides ecpg.

> All the others specify a database. The issue with the ecpg test is that
> it doesn't for two test cases.

Ah.  Well, it doesn't seem unreasonable to want to test that case,
so I don't think "remove the test case" is the right answer.

Is it sane for pg_regress to unset PGDATABASE unconditionally?  Not
sure, but if we're generally always specifying a value, maybe that's
OK.