Re: Lack of information on materialized views in information_schema.table_privileges. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Lack of information on materialized views in information_schema.table_privileges.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Jan Przemysław Wójcik <jan.przemyslaw.wojcik@gmail.com> writes:
> information_schema.table_privileges does not show privileges on the view:

AFAIK, no information_schema view shows anything at all about matviews.
This is intentional because matviews aren't SQL-standard objects.
It's therefore unclear how they should be represented in
information_schema (eg, do they belong in the tables view or the views
view, and if the former, what is their table_type?).  Our project policy
is that rather than inventing extensions to the information_schema
standard, we just don't show nonstandard objects in information_schema.
        regards, tom lane