Re: BUG #15746: cache lookup failed for function in plpgsql block - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #15746: cache lookup failed for function in plpgsql block
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> writes:
> It seems to me possible that a cast calls a wrong function and
> leads to a crash.

I don't see a good reason to think that a crash is possible.

> But I don't come up with a good way to fix
> this, but applying a part of the patch 04fe805a17 on 11(.2) seems
> working.

FWIW, I intentionally did not back-patch 04fe805a17.  I judged
that before the domain-related changes in that patch, such cases
wouldn't come up often enough to justify inserting poorly-tested
code into the back branches.  I still think that.

            regards, tom lane