Re: BUG #5488: pg_dump does not quote column names -> pg_restore may fail when upgrading - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #5488: pg_dump does not quote column names -> pg_restore may fail when upgrading
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> writes:
> That is exactly what I think is "to big a promise" - I don't think we
> can actually guarantee that this will fix the dump/restore issue (well
> the dump might load but say the 30000 lines of plpgsql using dynamic SQL
> will still be broken).

Yeah, that's a mighty good point.  We are certainly not going to try to
fix the contents of function bodies.  The only things we could possibly
fix that we don't handle today (when using the newer pg_dump) are
references in views, check constraint expressions, etc.

            regards, tom lane