Re: Return of the Solaris vacuum polling problem -- anyone remember this? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Return of the Solaris vacuum polling problem -- anyone remember this?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> We often mention that we do vacuum freeze for anti-wraparound vacuum,
> but not for pg_clog file removal, which is the primary trigger for
> autovacuum vacuum freezing.  I have added the attached documentation
> patch for autovacuum_freeze_max_age;  back-patched to 9.0.

This patch does not actually seem like an improvement.  The paragraph is
all about transaction age, but you've inserted something entirely
unrelated, and not only that but chosen to make the unrelated thing seem
like the major consequence and anti-wraparound an afterthought.