Re: Some belated patch review for "Buffers" explain analyze patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Some belated patch review for "Buffers" explain analyze patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I sort of assumed we might get some feedback from pgadmin or other
> tool writers between the time this was committed six months ago and
> now, but I haven't seen a single message from anyone who has actually
> tried to write a tool.  As you imply, I think it will be very hard to
> change the format once this is released.  At this point I think we may
> be stuck with using this format and hoping that it doesn't suck too
> badly.

We can still hope that some feedback comes in during beta.  I think we
should be willing to adjust the output schema even late in beta, if
someone proposes a better idea.

But what we need to do is advertise for people to play around with
this...