Re: BUG #5076: LEFT OUTER JOIN and WHERE madness - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #5076: LEFT OUTER JOIN and WHERE madness
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"Mauro Infantino" <mauro.infantino@latincontrol-soft.com> writes:
> I'm just experiencing the same as in here,
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2008-06/msg00175.php
> It was not happening for 8.3.7 (at least on Windows).

This is the very definition of an unhelpful bug report.

You are not seeing the same thing that was reported against 8.3.3,
because that bug is fixed --- there's a regression test proving so.
You might be seeing something else with a similar symptom, but with
no details or test case, there is nothing we can do about it.

            regards, tom lane