Re: Second call for platform testing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Second call for platform testing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I tried 7.2b3 on SunOS 4.1.4 with gcc 2.7.1. It gives a comile error:

> pmsignal.c:47: `sig_atomic_t' undeclared (first use this function)

sig_atomic_t is required by ANSI C to be declared in <signal.h>.
Is it declared anywhere in the SunOS system headers?

I suppose we could create a configure test that detects this,
but I wonder how long we want to go on supporting platforms whose
headers aren't even minimally ANSI-compliant.