Re: 7.3.3, Fedora Core 5, test geometry and test horology - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 7.3.3, Fedora Core 5, test geometry and test horology
Date
List pgsql-general
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 07:03:59PM -0300, Daniel Henrique Alves Lima wrote:
>> Yes, i know, we are using a jurassic version of postgresql and we
>> should try to upgrade first, but that is the next step. Now we've to
>> make sure that 7.3.3 will work with FC5.

> If you're going with something in the (as you point out, Jurassic)
> 7.3.x series, you need to make sure that 7.3.15 is running, as all
> previous versions have known security and/or data loss bugs.

Yup.  The particular errors you mention are harmless (eg, the 7.3
regression tests are unaware of the recent changes in US DST laws)
but it'd be foolish not to be using the latest 7.3.x release.

            regards, tom lane