Re: last_statrequest is in the future - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: last_statrequest is in the future
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> Even if there was something to be done in kernel space, how many years
> from now would it be before it made this problem go away for the
> majority of near future 9.0 users?  We've been seeing a fairly regular
> stream of "pgstat wait timeout" reports come in.  The one I reported was
> from recent hardware and a very mainstream Linux setup.

The behavior I'm seeing in jaguar's reports is difficult to characterize
as anything except a seriously broken machine (see the followup message
with further details).  It may be that there is some
not-obviously-broken-hardware case that we need to deal with, but I have
not seen evidence of it yet.  Can you reproduce your test case with CVS
HEAD and send the log messages?