Re: [GENERAL] 10beta1 role - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [GENERAL] 10beta1 role
Date
List pgsql-general
Ray Stell <stellr@vt.edu> writes:
> I added -W to the initdb, but the startup has same msg. same.  As I
> said, the postmaster starts.  I just thought the msgs might not be desired.

In principle, we could add a -U option to pg_ctl to tell it to do test
connections with a userid other than your OS name.  Nobody's particularly
felt the need though, since the log message is harmless.

[ pokes at it a bit... ]  Actually, you don't need a -U switch,
because setting PGUSER in pg_ctl's environment works.

            regards, tom lane