Re: Bitmap index status - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Bitmap index status
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas <heikki@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> What's the status of the bitmap index patch? Have you worked on it since
> the last posted patch
> (http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2006-08/msg00003.php)?

Gavin and Jie have made major changes since that version (or at least
they'd better have something to show for the month since then ;-)).
I wouldn't recommend reviewing the patch until they post something
current ...

> Also, vacuum actually does a reindex, which seems awfully wasteful. That
> needs to be looked at.

Yikes.  I imagine they've not tried to do anything about that; if you
want to help, maybe you could take that subproblem?