Re: Docs patch to note that rules only get run once per query. - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Docs patch to note that rules only get run once per query.
Date
List pgsql-docs
Sean Reifschneider <jafo@tummy.com> writes:
> I've made the following patch to the current CVS docs.

> +  Note that rules are only invoked once per query.

<<itch>> This still seems like a serious oversimplification or
misexplanation to me.  It's true that a rule creates only one new query
to execute alongside each user-supplied query --- but that additional
query can execute upon many individual rows.  So I feel dissatisfied
with the above "clarification".  Can you think of another way to explain
it?

            regards, tom lane