Keeping Postgresql-9.6 on Buster - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Phil Endecott
Subject Keeping Postgresql-9.6 on Buster
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Dear Experts,

I have a couple of cloud servers currently running PostgreSQL-9.6 on
Debian Stretch with streaming replication from one to the other.

I'd like to upgrade these to Buster, but keep PostgreSQL-9.6 for the
time being.  I think the packages at apt.postgresql.org will help
me to do this.  Can anyone offer any advice?

In particular, the Buster release notes mention an issue with
locales.  Is this something that I need to worry about even if I
keep PostgreSQL-9.6?  How does this interact with my replication
setup?  Can I replicate (temporarily) to an machine that has been
upgraded to the new locales from one that hasn't?

Thanks, Phil.