Re: dup(0) failed after 3195 successes: Bad file descriptor - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: dup(0) failed after 3195 successes: Bad file descriptor
Date
List pgsql-novice
<operationsengineer1@yahoo.com> writes:
> I did a search for this error
> *dup(0) failed after 3195 successes: Bad file descriptor*
> and came up empty as far as resolutions.

This is not an error ... it's an expected result.  If you are going to
set the log level at DEBUGn, you should expect to see a lot of
interesting-only-to-wizards chatter.

> Some references on postgresql.org archives seem to indicate it isn't
> an issue, however, when I try and check to see if postmaster is
> running via
> cygrunsrv -Q postmaster
> I get...
> Current State:  Stopped

That may be a problem, but this isn't the cause.

            regards, tom lane