Re: restore error - language "plperlu" is not trusted - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: restore error - language "plperlu" is not trusted
Date
List pgsql-general
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> pg_dump has evidently not gotten the word.  If we think the backend's
>> behavior is right then we'd better change pg_dump to suppress trying
>> to GRANT permissions on untrusted languages.

> There should not be any permissions, so there should be nothing to dump.

Uh, no, because you can say something like
    revoke all on language plperlu from public;
and end up with non-null lanacl (because it instantiates the default
assumption that the owner has all privileges).

We could possibly hack the backend to avoid that, but I think pg_dump
will need the special-case test anyway since it has to be able to cope
with existing databases, wherein lanacl may be non-null.

            regards, tom lane