Re: pgsql: jit: Re-allow JIT compilation of execGrouping.c hashtable compar - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: jit: Re-allow JIT compilation of execGrouping.c hashtable compar
Date
List pgsql-committers
> On September 29, 2019 4:34:14 PM PDT, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I've got to say that I'm not very comfortable with changing stuff
>> when we've got less than 24 hours to the 12.0 GA wrap.

> I asked for input on hackers, nobody replied...

Yeah, that was sixty-plus hours ago.  I think onlookers said nothing
because they assumed you'd push on Friday, which would have left a
reasonable amount of time for buildfarm testing.  Waiting this long
changes the calculus.

Anyway, it's probably going to be all right, but please pay attention
to the calendar when we're hard up against a release date.  There
should be a very very good reason to push any code changes this late,
and I don't think "performance regression" qualifies.

            regards, tom lane