Re: insert statements - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vince Vielhaber
Subject Re: insert statements
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com> writes:
> On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Thomas Lockhart wrote:
>> syntax. Especially when it cannot (?? we need a counterexample) lead to
>> any additional interesting beneficial behavior.

> The only benefit I can come up with is existing stuff written under
> the impression that it's acceptable.

That's the only benefit I can see either --- but it's not negligible.
Especially not if the majority of other DBMSes will take this syntax.

I was originally against adding any such thing, but I'm starting to
lean in the other direction.

I'd want it to error out on "INSERT foo (bar.col)", though ;-)