Re: pgsql: Add list of acknowledgments to release notes - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Add list of acknowledgments to release notes
Date
List pgsql-committers
Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> writes:
> Add list of acknowledgments to release notes
> This contains all individuals mentioned in the commit messages during
> PostgreSQL 14 development.

These entries:

    <member>Michał Albrycht</member>

    <member>Önder Kalacı</member>

are causing some doc toolchain issues:

[WARN] FOUserAgent - Glyph "\305\202" (0x142, lslash) not available in font "Times-Roman".
[WARN] FOUserAgent - Glyph "\304\261" (0x131, dotlessi) not available in font "Times-Roman".

I see this on alabio (as well as locally), which I presume means
that the officially built PDFs won't render these names correctly.
They sure don't render nicely in PDFs made on my machine:

    Micha# Albrycht

    Önder Kalac#

As a quick hack I'm inclined to just anglicize those letters ...
do you have a better idea?

            regards, tom lane