Re: Backend message type 0x44 arrived while idle - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Backend message type 0x44 arrived while idle
Date
List pgsql-general
"Tsukaeru.net Webmaster" <webmaster@tsukaeru.net> writes:
> I can actually select just one row as
> select  * from table limit 1 offset 270
> (anything below 270 is fine)
> and the same error pops up. It have heaps of memory available..

Hmm.  Okay, my frontend-out-of-memory theory goes down the drain.

It would seem that the 271'st row in your table is corrupt somehow,
but I'm curious to learn just how.  I do not recall any previous
reports of data corruption with exactly this symptom.  Would you be
interested in tracing through the backend with a debugger to figure
out what's going wrong?  Or giving me or another developer access to
your system to do that?

            regards, tom lane