Re: Postmaster holding unlinked files for pg_largeobject table - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Postmaster holding unlinked files for pg_largeobject table
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Excerpts from Alvaro Herrera's message of jue jun 09 16:34:13 -0400 2011:
>> I have pushed it now.

> ... and it caused a failure on the buildfarm, so I panicked and reverted
> it.  I think the patch below fixes it.

Actually, I think what you want is what closeAllVfds does, which
suggests that you need a FileIsNotOpen test too.

> Let me know if you think I should push the whole thing again.

Yesterday I would have said okay, but now we're too close to the beta2
wrap deadline.  Please hold off until beta2 is out.