Re: Request for supported platforms - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Request for supported platforms
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
>> Horology failures are normal for a day or so on either side
>> of a DST change --- see the "regression tests interpretation"
>> docs.  I have no time right now to examine the other diffs.

> The docs say:

> Some of the queries in the timestamp test will fail if you run the test
> on
> the day of a daylight-savings time changeover, or the day before or
> after
> one.

> Clocks changed at midnight Saturday so I figured a Monday morning run
> should be OK. Do they actually change on Sunday at 00:00:00 I wonder?
> I'll try again tomorrow.

In the US, DST changes occur at 02:00 Sunday, so the affected queries
actually fail starting at 00:00 Sunday and ending 00:00 Tuesday ---
but that's local time in PST8PDT.  The docs are vague because your local
time might vary considerably from that ...