Re: Author names in source files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Author names in source files
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Excerpts from Bruce Momjian's message of vie dic 03 00:15:28 -0300 2010:
>> When someone writes a file from scratch, we usually keep their name on
>> it so we remember the original author.

> The reason Takahiro-san is asking the question is because one of
> Dimitri's patches adds a function to genfile.c, and add his name to the
> "Author" field while at it.  So answering the second part of the
> question is important.  I take it your answer to that is "no".

If everybody who had added any code to a file got to put their name on
it, the author lists would be ridiculously long (and some of us would
have our names plastered in hundreds of places).  My answer is "no,
and I'm not sure those things should be there in the first place".