How to downgrade a cluster from 9.5 to 9.3 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Michael Lupo
Subject How to downgrade a cluster from 9.5 to 9.3
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hello all. My first post.

I have a ubuntu machine that was originally running postgres 9.3. I
installed 9.5 on that machine as well and then performed a pg_upgradecluster
-v 9.5. 9.3 main.
This procedure successfully moved my data from the running 9.3/main cluster,
to the 9.5/main cluster, brought down the 9.3 running instance and then
brought the 9.5 instance online utilizing the default ports. This was neat
to see happen.

As a back out plan, I need to know how to restore the 9.3 running instance
if for some reason the data got corrupted in the update to 9.5.

Does anyone have experience doing this and if so, how did you accomplish?

Thank you in advance.

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-admin-f2076596.html