Re: Bug in ginRedoRecompress that causes opaque data on page to beoverrun - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From R, Siva
Subject Re: Bug in ginRedoRecompress that causes opaque data on page to beoverrun
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Alexander!
On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 09:16 PM, Alexander Korotkov <a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> Do you have a test scenario for reproduction of this issue?  We need
> it to ensure that fix is correct.

Unfortunately, I do not have a way of reproducing this issue.
So far I have tried a workload consisting of inserts (of the
same attribute value that is indexed), batch deletes of rows
and vacuum interleaved with engine crash/restarts.

Hi Peter!
On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 09:55 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> I wonder how you managed to detect it in the first place. Were you
> using something like wal_consistency_checking=all, with a custom
> stress-test?

We observed this corruption during stress testing and were
able to isolate the corrupted page and WAL record changes
leading up to the corruption using some internal diagnostic
tools.

Best
Siva