Re: pgsql: Back-patch fix and test case for bug #7516. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Back-patch fix and test case for bug #7516.
Date
List pgsql-committers
> On 09/14/2012 11:50 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Back-patch the fix to all active branches.  The test case only works
>> as far back as 9.0, because it relies on plpgsql which isn't installed
>> by default before that.  (I didn't have success modifying it into an
>> all-plperl form that still provoked a crash, though this may just reflect
>> my lack of Perl-fu.)

> I haven't looked at creating a perl version, but why not just load
> plpgsql for the tests on the back branches? It would be a simple
> makefile change.

Yeah, I had considered that for a second or two, but didn't think it was
worth the trouble.  8.x releases are probably unlikely to get installed
on platforms that would have this issue.

It'd be better if someone could invent a plpgsql-free test case, anyway.
I'm not sure offhand why an eval fails to produce similar effects.

            regards, tom lane