... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> How about version numbering libpq properly? It has been 2.0 ever since I
> can remember (not very long :). At least do ++0.0.1 when you change
> something. Is there any particular reason why this is not done?

We've been pretty lax about version numbering during development cycles.
It could be a problem if you are keeping several versions around,
I suppose.  But I think what you are asking for is a major-version bump
anytime a subroutine gets added (else it's not going to help a dynamic
linker distinguish two versions anyway).  That seems not very workable.