Re: HELP! Cannot access table!!!! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: HELP! Cannot access table!!!!
Date
List pgsql-general
John Gray <jgray@azuli.co.uk> writes:
> See
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2002-03/msg00196.php
> for a previous reply by Tom Lane on this error message.

That would still be my advice.

>> Is it normal that there are 2 backslashes in /pgdata//pg_clog/0FF0 ?

> I don't think this should matter (if there was a general problem with
> your pg_clog directory, you'd not be able to do anything very much

I think this just indicates that $PGDATA was specified with a trailing
slash in the name, eg you said
    postmaster -D /pgdata/
AFAIK the doubled slash will not matter on any Unix system.  I did
recently change the code to remove the redundant slash from the -D
argument if given --- but that was strictly to forestall future
questions like this one, not in the expectation that it would fix any
problems.

            regards, tom lane