Re: build farm machine using mixed results - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: build farm machine using mixed results
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Sun, 2012-09-09 at 14:05 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> So I think .NOTPARALLEL is just masking the true problem, but
>> nonetheless it's a problem.  And given that the bug report on savannah
>> has been ignored for two years, we should not hold our breath for a fix
>> to appear upstream (much less propagate to everyone using 3.82).

> So does the issue go away when using GNU make 3.81?

I couldn't reproduce it in a few tries on my Mac laptop, which has 3.81.
But that's not necessarily a comparable test, given the different
hardware, OS, and compiler version.  I'd put more faith in the multiple
statements in the upstream bugs that people weren't seeing this with
3.81.