Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Derived files that are shipped in the distribution used to be - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Derived files that are shipped in the distribution used to be
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On ons, 2009-09-02 at 19:24 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> -kwlookup.c: % : ../../../backend/parser/%
>> +kwlookup.c: % : $(top_srcdir)/src/backend/parser/%

> I think you can revert this if it helps you, although it's not clear to
> me why it would make a difference one way or the other.

It looks to me like Magnus' git tool has gotten the direction of the
change backwards --- $(top_srcdir) was the old coding, which was like
every other place that is symlinking something, and the new ../../ bit
is gratuitously unlike the rest.  I imagine the point is that the MSVC
scripts only know how to deal with the $(top_srcdir) form.