Re: [NOVICE] beginner help - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From armand pirvu
Subject Re: [NOVICE] beginner help
Date
List pgsql-novice
No mention about root although may need to do the same thing as for jiradbuser

Hope this helps a bit

— Armand

On Jun 6, 2017, at 1:34 PM, Mark Plimley <markp@nxrev.com> wrote:

Experts:

I’m trying to get PostgreSQL set up to use with JIRA service desk on CentOS 7. I am totally new to PostgreSQL.

I installed PostgreSQL 9.6 and apparently got it enabled with ‘systemctl enable postgresql.service’. When I tried ‘systemctl start postgresql.service’, it fails to start. Postgresql-Mon.log reports “FATAL: role “root” does not exist” and  “FATAL: role “jiradbuser” does not exist” because of trying to create those users.

I assume that I need to drop those users if I can figure out how to. Can someone provide some pointers on where to start or what I need to do to move forward? I have a postgres user and group and apparently I need to run some commands as that user if I can get the service to start.

I looked at the documentation but need to get past the startup errors before I can do anything.

Thanks.

Mark Plimley
Sr. PLM Architect
Certified in Windchill MCAD Data Management
NxRev Inc.
Product Development Solutions
39500 Stevenson Pl #108
Fremont, CA 94539

Please include your NxRev account representative on technical issues or questions.