Re: How to Works with Centos - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: How to Works with Centos
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Mon, 2017-12-25 at 16:39 +0200, Benyamin Guedj wrote:
> Is working with the default distribution’s version (9.2) really the “best
> practice”, even though it is no longer supported?

Red Hat / CentOS also provides PostgreSQL 9.6 (and 9.5, IIRC), via SCL. I mean,
those versions are also "supported" by them.

As mentioned in this thread, the community RPMs are also a (better) option,
because you can install multiple versions at the same time.

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com