Re: ALTER SYSTEM for tcp_keepalives_idle doesn't show up with theSHOW command. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Robertson, Alan L
Subject Re: ALTER SYSTEM for tcp_keepalives_idle doesn't show up with theSHOW command.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Is this described in the documentation somewhere?

Is there an alternative way to read out what the system thinks that these TCP-related configuration values are set to?

Thanks!

  -- Alan

From: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2017 10:20 AM
To: Robertson, Alan L
Cc: Postgres Bug
Subject: Re: ALTER SYSTEM for tcp_keepalives_idle doesn't show up with the SHOW command.

"Robertson, Alan L" <Alan.Robertson@charter.com> writes:
> Dear Postgres Bug list,
> I read about the ALTER SYSTEM command at https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/sql-altersystem.html and an
articleat
> http://paquier.xyz/postgresql-2/postgres-9-4-feature-highlight-alter-system-set-for-dynamic-configuration/

> and his example worked exactly as it should.  However, when I tried with tcp_keepalives_idle, updates the auto.conf
fileas it should, but does not show up in the SHOW command...  I tried it with the value 60, or '60' - didn't seem to
makeany difference...

I think the keepalive settings will read as zero unless your connection
is actually over TCP (ie not a unix socket).

                        regards, tom lane
E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain
confidentialand/or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or if this
messagehas been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this
messageand any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination,
distribution,copying, or storage of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited.