Re: BUG #14981: Systemd unit used postmaster ( not postgres) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: BUG #14981: Systemd unit used postmaster ( not postgres)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On Sun, 2017-12-17 at 14:31 +0000, patsev.anton@gmail.com wrote:
> But in CentOS 7 process for run posgresql is postmaster.
>
> I download latest postgresql10-server-10.1-1PGDG.rhel7.x86_64.rpm and see
> /usr/lib/systemd/system:
>
> ExecStart=/usr/pgsql-10/bin/postmaster -D ${PGDATA}
>
> But at
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/app-postmaster.html
> wrote:
> "postmaster is a deprecated alias of postgres."

There are two reasons:

* Historical reasons: It has always been postmaster with the RPMs.
* Other reason: I personally find grepping postmaster easier than others :)

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com