Re: patch postgres user .bash_profile - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: patch postgres user .bash_profile
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi,

On Fri, 2017-12-08 at 06:17 -0500, Pierre-Alain TORET wrote:
> I'm sending you a little patch to improve a the usability of the user
> postgres by adding the binaries to the PATH variable in its .bash_profile.
>
> Don't hesitate to comment or criticize but I think it will make the life of
> user easier, especially those installing the package for the first time.

Thanks for the patch.

The policy is adding the binaries which are cross-version compatible under
$PATH (/usr/bin in this case), and keep others in their own directories. Your
patch will probably break the latter, because we want users to specify full
path of the "other" binaries, so that things won't be broken.

So, unfortunately I will reject this.

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz