Heads up: Potential PostGIS breakage is coming - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Heads up: Potential PostGIS breakage is coming
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi,

I am about to push PostGIS 2.4.2-2 packages to 10-testing repos. Unlike the
other packages, the new packages will depend on proj49 (Proj 4.9) and geos36
(GeOS 3.6) packages, which installs to non-standard directories (/usr/proj49
and /usr/geos36, respectively), so won't conflict with the OS packages, but
will use recent versions of Proj and GeOS. With this change, we can introduce
GeOS 3.7 support to our repo, when it is released.

I read some reports about proj 4.8 reporting incorrect results, that triggered
this package process.

So, I will be happy if someone can test by enabling PG 10 testing repository,
and see if things are broken or not.

Thanks!

Regards,
--