Re: Using YY-MM-DD date input - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Using YY-MM-DD date input
Date
Re: Using YY-MM-DD date input  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
> Now, adding a YYMMDDD mode (not to be confused with YYYYMMDD) to
> datestyle is a feature addition to me.  I am not sure if anyone wants
> it, though.

Well, we now saw one person besides me who wants it, so that's good
enough for me ;-).  I'll take responsibility for applying Greg's
original patch plus mods to support 'DMY', 'MDY', and 'YMD' input
datestyle options.

Did we come to a conclusion on whether DMY and MDY ought to become
the preferred names for those input modes, rather than EURO and US?
I'm leaning towards doing it ...

            regards, tom lane