Re: Server stalls, all CPU 100% system time - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Server stalls, all CPU 100% system time
Date
List pgsql-performance
Andre <pg@darix.de> writes:
> Since our upgrade of hardware, OS and Postgres we experience server stalls under certain conditions, during that time
(upto 2 minutes) all CPUs show 100% system time. All Postgres processes show BIND in top.

Odd.  I wonder if you are seeing some variant of the old context swap
storm problem.  The "99.8% system time" reading is suggestive but hardly
conclusive.  Does top's report of context swap rate go to the moon?

It would be interesting to strace a few of the server processes while
one of these events is happening, too.

            regards, tom lane