Re: [ADMIN] psql can't connect to old DB after installing newbinaries - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: [ADMIN] psql can't connect to old DB after installing newbinaries
Date
Re: [ADMIN] psql can't connect to old DB after installing new binaries  (Don Seiler <don@seiler.us>)
List pgsql-admin
Hi,

On Wed, 2017-10-04 at 15:36 -0500, Don Seiler wrote:

> It's pointing to the newly installed version instead of the version it the
> 9.2 lib directory. There isn't any such file under /usr/lib64. So how is it
> even aware of that /usr/pgsql-9.6 version?

There is a file under /etc/ld.so.conf.d directory, which does this magic.

> Yep that sounds good for later, although can't really help me in this case.
> I guess I can set unix_socket_directory in 9.2 to use the new location but
> that requires a restart anyway, not ideal.
>
> Would creating a symlink be a workaround? Would that cause issues with
> server restarts?
>
> Mind that this is only to prepare for the upgrade. We aren't planning to
> run both 9.2 and 9.6, and eventually 9.2 would be removed.

What happens when you use 9.2's psql?

/usr/pgsql-9.2/bin/psql

Regards,

--