Re: Automatic transactions in SELECT... - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Automatic transactions in SELECT...
Date
List pgsql-novice
Tom Lisjac <netdxr@gmail.com> writes:
> On 02/08/2013 08:23 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> There's no such behavior in the server.  If you're using any client
>> library above the level of libpq, it might be trying to be "helpful"
>> by managing transactions --- but you've not said what your client-side
>> programmming environment is, so it's hard to speculate about that.

> Thanks for the quick reply... and good point about the layers between
> the app and db. The team is using Java/JBoss/Hibernate, so a great deal
> of "helpfulness" is possible where a setting somewhere in that stack
> might be the root cause.

Hm.  That stuff is outside my expertise, but I'm fairly sure that the
JDBC driver does have some notion of transaction management, and if it
doesn't then JBoss or Hibernate probably do.  Your issue is almost
surely in that stack somewhere.

The pgsql-jdbc list would be the best place to get help about the JDBC
driver.  Dunno how much they know about JBoss or Hibernate though.

            regards, tom lane