Re: problems with pltcl.so - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: problems with pltcl.so
Date
List pgsql-admin
"Josh Goldberg" <josh@4dmatrix.com> writes:
> ERROR:  Load of file /home/postgres/lib/pltcl.so failed: dlopen '/home/post=
> gres/lib/pltcl.so' failed. (Shared object "libtcl80.so.1" not found)

> I am on freebsd 4.4, I have libtcl80.so.1 in /usr/local/lib and not only is=
>  it in my ld-elf.so.hints file but I also manually put /usr/local/lib in my=
>  LD_LIBRARY_PATH to no avail.

I'm not very familiar with freebsd, but if it uses LD_LIBRARY_PATH, keep
in mind that the value that counts is the one in the postmaster's
environment.  Did you restart the postmaster with the corrected path in
its environment variables?

            regards, tom lane